Waxing vs Shaving, while striving for the smooth legs, arms, and bikini line, here are the two most common hair removal options i.e. waxing and shaving. Waxing vs Shaving seems exclusively different from each other but actually, harmonize each other.
Each method has pros and cons, so consider what each method has to offer before you decide what’s best for you.
Waxing vs Shaving
Shaving is the most convenient and affordable hair removal method. Moreover, it is the least painful as well. You can shave anytime you want. It costs nothing than a razor, moisturizing wash, and cream.
What’s the deal with shaving?
Shaving is an excellent option if the time is limited and you have to remove hair as soon as possible. You are just required to grab a razor and shave.
Pros of shaving
- A faster method of hair removal.
- Buying a razor costs much less than getting a wax done professionally.
- Less time-consuming.
- Wonderful option for the sudden date or event.
- Hair will not grow back thicker!
Cons of shaving
- Shaved hair regrows quickly – usually within a week.
- Can be painful if you cut yourself.
- Cause cuts, red bumps, irritation.
- Higher risk of razor burn.
- Not good for sensitive areas like the bikini line.
Waxing vs Shaving
With waxing, warm melted wax is applied to the specific body part and then left to dry and become firm. Pulling off the wax extracts the hair from the skin. As an outcome, hair takes a bit longer time to grow back.
What’s the deal with waxing?
Waxing seems fearful, but it shouldn’t be. Waxing is the perfect hair removal option if you can schedule an appointment at the salon, drive back and onwards.
Pros of waxing
- Frequency – hair pulled from the roots usually grow back at a much slower rate.
- Less risk of irritation.
- No chance of razor burn.
- Smooth and hair-free skin for weeks.
- Hair grows back soft as compared to shaving.
- You remain comparatively hair-free for a longer time.
- When done for longer period, you’ll notice less hair growth over time.
Cons of waxing
- Can be expensive when done professionally.
- DIY kits are still more expensive than a razor.
- More time-consuming as compared to shaving.
- Extremely painful (depends on your pain tolerance).
Waxing vs Shaving: The Conclusion
Waxing and Shaving can coexist peacefully. The urgent hurry to get rid of unwanted hair comes with a razor. Moreover, a number of women are way more comfortable to use a razor. They usually find it an all-around delightful experience. It appears like a spa at home.
A lot of women have a preference for smoother legs with waxing. I am in love with the fact they get hairless for a bit longer. Waxing has longer-lasting results. It costs more money but worth the money.
I have been shaving my legs for three weeks now. To be honest, I am quite happy with the result. Started with an emergency call, now I love using it regularly. I shiver at the idea of going back to waxing now.